XMAS BRUNCH WITH 5+ A DAY
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Put all ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times to combine, if you like it chunky, blend for less time.
- If you do not have a blender, put the avocados in a medium-sized bowl and mash with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to fully combine.
CLASSIC TOMATO BASIL BRUSCHETTA
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes sliced into quarters
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt and cracked pepper
- 4-5 slices bread of your choice (I like sough dough)
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients and mix together.
- Toast sliced sourdough and brush with a little olive oil.
- Add tomato basil mixture and top with some fresh basil leaves.
VEGAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- 8-10 medium to large white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for brushing the mushrooms
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- Handful chopped parsley
- 1/3 teaspoon salt plus pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Clean the mushrooms by wiping them with a paper towel to remove any dirt. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and dice them finely. Brush the mushroom caps on both sides with olive oil and place them bottom up on a lined baking dish.
- Place 1 Tbsp of olive oil (or coconut oil) into a medium-sized pan and place on a medium heat. Add in all the chopped stuffing ingredients except the chopped parsley and fry until lightly browned and chopped mushrooms soften, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir through the parsley.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the stuffing and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are brown and soft.
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus (stalks trimmed)
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat asparagus in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, turning occasionally until tender and charred – takes about 3 to 4 minutes.
SAUTEED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
6 portobello mushrooms1 Tbsp organic butterSalt and cracked black pepper for seasoning
- Slice mushrooms.
- Place a pan on the stove on a med-high heat and add the butter.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until soft and brown.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- 10-12 small potatoes chopped into halves or quarters
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the potatoes to a pot of water. Add a pinch of salt to the water, and then bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain then set aside to cool.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, add to a salad bowl.
- Whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and toss, then add the chopped herbs and gently fold though.
SUMMER ASPARAGUS SALAD
- 3 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1 bunch asparagus, stems removed and cut into halves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 5-6 strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1-2 oranges, chopped into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsps balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper taste
- Cut asparagus and place into a pot of boiling water. Blanch for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and run under cold water, set aside to cool.
- Place all other ingredients into a salad bowl and add asparagus once cooled.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss through.
ASSEMBLE XMAS BRUNCH
On a wooden board or large serving plate place stuffed mushrooms, grilled asparagus, sauté portobello mushrooms, guacamole with chopped veggie sticks and tomato bruschetta.Set table with tasting platter, herb potatoes and summer asparagus salad.