Now winter has officially arrived there is nothing more satisfying on a cold winters night than to whip up a batch of nourishing delicious soup. One of my absolute favourite soups to make over winter is my creamy Winter Roast Butternut Turmeric Soup. Ilove to roast my butternut pumpkin to bring out the sweetness and paired with the fresh ginger, turmeric and zesty lime makes for the most delicious flavour combination; bursting with flavour. This fragrant soup with warming winter flavours not only taste super delicious but is packed full of healing and anti inflammatory ingredients, perfect to keep you healthy and well over winter. Make a big pot of soup at the beginning of the week and enjoy for lunch or on those cold winter nights with a slice of your favourite organic bread.
- 1 whole butternut pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 organic vegetable stock cube dissolved in 350ml of boiling water
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 inch of fresh turmeric root thinly sliced
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- Juice of one lime
- Pinch of black pepper and sea salt
Toppings:Small handful or alpha sprouts and micro greensDrizzle of coconut milk Cracked black pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel butternut pumpkin and chop into chunks and place on a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle over 1-2 tbsp of melted coconut oil or olive oil and rub the pieces with your hands. Sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until soften.
- Add 1 Tbsp coconut oil to a pot on a med-low heat, add your chopped garlic and onion and sauté until soften. Add in the fresh ginger and turmeric and sautéed for another minute until fragrant.
- Add in your roasted butternut, vegetable stock, coconut milk and lime juice. Bring to a quick boil then reduce heat and simmer on a low heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and process until smooth. If too thick add some more filtered water or coconut milk. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour into a bowl and top with micro greens, alpha and a swirl of coconut milk. Finished with some fresh cracked black pepper.
- Serve with your favourite organic bread.