My raw healthy caramel nutty bar is a take on the classic snicker bars, one of my favourite bars growing up. I am so excited I have recreated this bar using raw natural ingredients. Not only is it vegan and gluten free and packed full of healthy wholesome ingredients but this bar combines all the elements of your classic snickers bar with its nutty base, creamy rich caramel filling, peanut topping and of course dark chocolate coating. I am actually pretty excited for this recipe, you will not believe how good this caramel nutty bar tastes! It will certainly satisfy any sweet tooth or snicker bar lover. Great as a sweet treat with a cup of herbal tea or matcha latte or suitable to serve up a parties or when entertaining.
Raw Healthy Caramel Nutty Snickers Bar:
- 1 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup organic coconut cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Caramel Peanut Butter Filling:
- 2 cups medjool dates
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts (topping)
- 1/3 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- For the base place the cashew nuts, almond meal and salt into the food processor and process until it creates a coarse consistency.
- Add in the reaming ingredients and process the mixture is well combined and sticky.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and pour in your mixture. Press down with your hands and then use the back of a spoon to create a even surface.
- Place in the freezer to set while you make the caramel peanut butter filling.
- To make the caramel peanut butter filing place the medjool dates in a bowl and cover with bowling water for 15 minutes to soften.
- Discard the water and place the dates in a high speed blender with the remaining ingredients (expect the peanuts) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove your base from the freezer and spread evenly the the filling mixture over the base.
- Scatter over the roasted peanuts, pressing lightly into the filling.
- Place back into the freezer for a leat 2-3 hours, until completely firm before coating in chocolate.
- To make the chocolate place a heat-proof bowl over a pot of boiling water on a low heat (or use a double boiler), add your cacao butter into the bowl and melt slowly .
- Once fully melted removed from the heat and add in the cacao powder, pure maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Whisk until the cacao powder is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Take each bar and place on a folk and dip into the chocolate, ensuring the bar is fully coated.
- Place on a line baking tray and then place back into the freezer to allow the chocolate to fully harden.
- Once harden drizzle the remaining chocolate over each bar to create a decorative design.
- Place back in the freezer to set. You can store bars in the freezer or fridge up to 2 weeks.