One of the most delicious and loved food combinations is chocolate and coconut. There is one well known bar that truly embodies this, the Bounty Bar.
The bounty bar is one of my favourite chocolate bars so I decided to create the Reveal Yourself homemade bounty bar using unrefined and wholefood ingredients. This bounty bar is packed full of goodness and keeps the authentic bounty bar taste.
A perfect treat and will be a big hit by everyone.
Homemade Bounty Bars:
2/3 cups of raw cashew nuts
2 cups shredded coconut
3 Tbsp organic coconut cream
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Pinch of himalayan salt
150g of 85% organic dark chocolate
3 Tbsp shredded coconut for topping
1. Add all ingredients into a food processor except the dark chocolate and the extra shredded coconut for topping
2. Process until mixture comes together
3. Take a handful of the mixture and mould into your desired shape and size (rectangular, cylinder)
4. Place onto a plate or board which is covered with baking paper and place into freezer to set while you melt your chocolate
5. To melt the chocolate place in a double boiler and melt slowly. Once fully melted remove your chocolate from the heat
6. Remove your bounty bars from the freezer and place each bar into the melted chocolate and cover fully
7. Once coated place each bar back onto the baking paper and sprinkle over your shredded coconut (you can also keep them plain)
8. Place back in the fridge to set. Keep in the fridge until serving