Gluten Free Waffles with Nutty Chocolate Sauce
My gluten free waffles with chocolate nutty sauce are a breakfast tradition in my household every Sunday. Everyone looks forward to waking up to my famous waffles breakfast. Even though they are gluten free they still have the traditional taste and texture, crispy on the outside and fluffy and light on the inside. I love to serve my waffles with my homemade chocolate nutty sauce and paired with fresh strawberries and coconut yoghurt. This recipe is simple to make and may even become a weekly tradition to make in your house.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 organic free range eggs
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp organic butter melted
Nutty Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/3 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1-2 Tbsp almond butter
- Whole freeze dried strawberries
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Vanilla coconut yoghurt
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup
1. In a bowl sift all the dry ingredients and combine.
2. In a separate add the pure vanilla extract, almond milk, melted butter and eggs and whisk together.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and fully combine.
4. For my waffles I used a silicon waffle mould but you can use a waffle machine to make your waffles.
5. If using a silicon waffle mould, pre heat the oven at 180 degrees. Pour your mixture to the top of each mould and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until fluffy and fully cooked through.
6. Remove from the oven, allow to cool before removing from the moulds.
7. If using a waffle iron pour about 1/2 cup (depending on the size and shape of the waffle iron) of the batter into the plate of the waffle maker and close it. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Most waffle makers come with a light that let’s you know when they are done. Once fully cooked remove from the waffle machine.
8. To make the nutty chocolate sauce place a heat-proof bowl over a pot of boiling water on a low heat (or use a double boiler), add your cacao butter, almond butter and coconut oil into the bowl and melt slowly.8. Once fully melted removed from the heat and add in the cacao powder and pure maple syrup.
9. Whisk until the cacao powder is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
10. To serve stack your waffles on a plate, pour over your nutty chocolate sauce, add a dollop of vanilla coconut yoghurt. Sprinkle over some whole freeze dried strawberries and sliced fresh strawberries. Finish with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and a sprinkle of freeze dried strawberry powder.