I created my Gluten Free Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Spinach and Feta Muffins as a quick healthy lunch option (also delicious for breakfast). If you are looking for a gluten and egg free savoury muffin look no further. This muffin is packed full of wholesome ingredients and has the the perfect crunchy muffin top and fluffy texture within. For lunch I love to have my muffin warm with some organic butter and with a raw energy salad or with my homemade roasted pumpkin soap. If you are in a rush they the perfect lunch on the go. Enjoy x
- 1 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice and rind of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Egg replacement (2 Tbsp. chia seeds soaked with 1/4 cup water for 10 minutes)
- 1 large handful of roughly chopped spinach
- 1 cup mixed roasted pumpkin and sweet potato cubes
- 100g g goat cheese or sheep cheese feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Pre heat oven to 190 degrees.
- Peel 1/4 pumpkin and 1/2 sweet potato and chop into small cubs and place on a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle over 1-2 tbsp of melted coconut oil and rub the pieces with your hands. Sprinkle with sea salt and add some cracked black pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until cooked.
- In a bowl add the dry ingredients and combine together.
- In a seperate bowl add in the almond milk, egg replacement, apple cider vinegar, and melted coconut and mix together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and combine together.
- Add in the roasted pumpkin, sweet potato, chopped spinach and gently mix through.
- Crumble the feta and fold through the mixture.
- Line your muffin tin and spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Sprinkle over the toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes until fluffy and cooked through.