Recipe for Huckleberry:
My Christmas Bliss Balls are a festive treat that are healthy and take no time to whip up. Packed full of whole food ingredients and Christmas flavours, they make a perfect sweet treat when friends and family pop around. Or box them up and give as an edible gift to your loved one.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year xx
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp extra vigin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup freeze dried plum
- 100g of dark chocolate for topping
- Add all ingredients into a food processor except chocolate chips and freeze dried plums.
- Process until the mixtures comes together.
- Add in the freeze dried plums and chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
- Take a small handful of the mixture and roll into balls. Place in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- To make the chocolate topping, place a heat-proof bowl over a pot of boiling water (or use a double boiler). Place the chocolate into the bowl and melt slowly.
- Remove the bliss balls from the fridge and drizzle the melted chocolate over the balls. Sprinkle with some freeze dried plums.
- Place back in the fridge to set.