Now summer is here there is nothing more enjoyable than a ice block on a hot summers day. You are going to love my homemade raspberry coconut muesli ice blocks, they are sweet, creamy with a wee bit of crunch and not to mention super healthy (don’t tell the kids that). They really are the perfect summer treat to help cool down, you can just grab one out of the freeze when ever you feel like indulging. I have to admit I love these even for breakfast, its like a muesli with coconut yoghurt and berry compote on a stick. No assembling just grab and eat. Enjoy x
2 cups frozen raspberries
1/3 cup water
1 Tbsp coconut nectar syrup
1 1/2 cup vanilla bean coconut yoghurt
1 cup coconut milk1 tsp pure vanilla extra
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
1. Place a medium size sauce pan on a low-medium heat and add the frozen raspberries, water and coconut nectar syrup. Stir to combine.
2. Cook until the juices release, takes about 10 minutes.
3. Before removing from the heat use a fork to slightly mash the soften berries.
4. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
5. To make the coconut mixture add the coconut yoghurt, coconut milk, maple syrup and pure vanilla extract to the a blender and process until fully combined.
6. To make the muesli combine the rolled oats, coconut flakes, freeze dried raspberries and chopped nuts into a bowl and mix.
7. To assemble your ice block pour in your coconut mixture to about 1/3 of the way up your ice block mould. Then place a few spoonfuls of the muesli mixture.
8. Add a few extra spoonfuls of the coconut mixture and then top the rest with the berry syrup.
9. Place in the Freeze for at least 1-2 hours to fully set.