I am such a big fan of bircher muesli, one of my favourite breakfast to start the day. Not only are they packed with wholesome ingredients such as rolled oats, dried fruits, nut, seeds and fresh fruits to nourish the body but they can be made the night before. Making it a quick and easy option for those busy mornings. Either relax and enjoy a bowl with your favourite cup of herbal tea or If you do not have time to eat breakfast before you leave home add your bircher muesli to a reusable glass jar with a lid and pop in your bag- the perfect breakfast for on the go!
I do love to make my bircher muesli all year round but I especially love my indulgent Winter Bircher Muesli which is creamy, nutrient rich and bursting with flavour. You can use my base recipe and then add different seed, nut and dried fruit of your liking and make it your own. In summer you might like adding in your favourite fresh seasonal berries and making a fresh summer bircher muesli.
I know once you make your first bircher muesli it will become one of your favourite breakfast choices. Enjoy!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup mixed sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup almond flakes or chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or plant base milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt (I like vanilla but can be natural)
- Zest of 1/2 a orange
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 green apple grated
- 1/2 green apple sliced
- 2-3 pieces of sliced oranges (peeled)
- Dollop of coconut yoghurt
- Chopped pistachio nuts
- Small handful of freeze dried blueberries and apples
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Drizzle of organic honey
- Add all ingredients into a bowl except the grated the apple and mix together.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hour or best over night.
- Before serving grate the apple and mix through the bircher muesli.
- Serve in a bowl and top with a dollop of coconut yoghurt, sliced apple and orange slices.
- Add chopped pistachio nuts, freeze dried blueberries and apples and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Finish with a drizzle of organic honey on top.