On those cold chilly wintery morning, there is nothing more satisfying than serving up a bowl of delicious creamy hot porridge. I remember as a child my mum making her delicious homemade porridge covered in brown sugar and milk for my sister and me on those cold mornings before school.
This tahini vanilla porridge recipe is absolutely delicious. So warm and soothing on these cooler mornings. The tahini adds a nutty taste and the sweetness of vanilla paste and sliced caramelised banana creates the perfect flavour combination for this creamy nourishing porridge. This breakfast will keep you full, nourished and energised for the entire morning.
I know this recipe will become a winter breakfast favourite, as it is in my household. Although I have to admit, I love this porridge all year round and in summer I enjoy it topped with fresh berries and a dollop of natural yoghurt. Tahini Vanilla Porridge topped with Caramelised Banana’s
Ingredients for Tahini Vanilla Porridge
½ cup rolled oats
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp pure vanilla paste
1 Tbsp. unhulled tahini
½ cup almond milk
1 cup filtered water
Pinch of himalayan pink salt
½ mashed banana (optional to create an even more creamy porridge)
1. Add all ingredients into a pot and place over a medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5-7 minutes stirring as often as you can, until thick and creamy.
3. Place your porridge into a bowl and top with your sliced caramelised bananas, a dollop of homemade nut butter, a sprinkle of toasted sliced almonds and organic freeze dried blackcurrents.
Ingredients for Caramelised Bananas
1 Banana (firm)
½ Tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
1 tsp pure maple syrup
1. Slice banana long ways.
2. Heat a non-stick pan to medium high heat and add the coconut oil.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture over both side of the banana slices.
3. Place the sliced banana into the pan and cook for approximately 1 minute on each side until caramelised (be careful not to burn).
4. Before removing from the pan pour the pure maple syrup over the sliced bananas.
3. Remove the slices carefully and place on top of your porridge.