Roasted Carrot and Kumera Hummus
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 5-6 organic carrots
- 2 small sweet kumera
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven 190 degrees.
- Peel carrots and kumera and slice.
- Place slices onto a lined baking tray and drizzle with about 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Mix well to ensure everything has been fully coated.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes (stirring around 15 minutes) until soften and slightly caramelised.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Drain canned chickpeas and add to the blender wiht the roasted carrots, kumera and remaining ingredients. Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- You can add extra lemon juice, salt or black pepper for your liking
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp chia seed
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Add the chia seeds to 1/3 cup water and soak for 10 minutes.
- Add the soaked chia seeds and all the remaining ingredients into the food processor and process until the mixture comes together (add 1 Tbsp water if the mixture is too dry).
- Place mixture between two sheets of baking paper and roll out evenly.
- You can use cookie cutter or bake whole and break once baked (as I have done in this recipe).
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden (keep an eye they do not get burnt).