Winter is certainly here and I love nothing more than getting into the kitchen and making homemade soups for the family. My absolute favourite is my Green Detox soup, which is insanely delicious and so good for you. This soup is super nutritious and with every sip you feel as if you are nourishing your body from the inside out. With a healthy green mix of spinach, kale, broccoli, leek and celery it’s packed full of vitamins, minerals, fibre, iron and antioxidants making it super detoxifying for the body. It is so very quick and easy to make and I love to make enough to serve for lunch the next day with a serve of Buckwheat Seed and Nut bread on the side.
This bread is gluten, egg and dairy free. There is no kneading or waiting for dough to rise! A quick and easy bread that is nutritious with a perfect nutty flavour to accompany my green detox soup.
Green Detox Soup
- 4 handfuls of spinach leaves
- 2 handfuls of kale leaves (de-stemmed)
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 celery stalks
- ½ leek
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 ½ cups organic vegetable stock
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Heat coconut oil in a soup pot on a low-medium heat. Add chopped celery, leek and garlic then sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Cut your broccoli into florets and add to the pot with your kale and only 2 handfuls of the spinach. Sauté for a further few minutes.
- Add in vegetable stock, bring to a boil and then simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, add in your apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and the remaining spinach and blend until smooth. Season to taste. If too thick add a little extra filtered water or vegetable stock.
- Pour into bowl and top with micro greens and some cracked pepper.
Buckwheat Walnut and Seed Loaf:
- 1 1/3 cups organic buckwheat groats
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp. flaxseeds
- 1 cup filtered water
- ¼ cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds and 1/3 cup filtered water
- Place buckwheat in a bowl and cover with filter water. Soak for up to 2 hours.
- Drain and rinse the soaked buckwheat.
- In a small bowl add your chia seeds and cover with 1/3 cup of water, stirring to combine. Soak for a further 10 minutes.
- In a food processor or high speed blender add the buckwheat, soaked chia seed and the remaining ingredients (except the seeds and nuts).
- Process until well combined and the mixture is thick and quite sticky.
- Pour in your nuts and seeds and with a wooden spoon mix through.
- Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake at 165C for 70 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the tin. Place on a wire rack to fully cool and before slicing.