Cinnamon and Ginger Christmas Cookies
- 1 ½ cups spelt flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 organic free range egg lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp coconut nectar syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and combine. In a separated bowl add the light beaten egg and wet ingredients and mix together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and combine well. Use your hands to bring the mixture together to create a ball of cookie dough (If too dry add 1-2 Tbsp water).
- Place the dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll out flat.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out your cookies and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 170C for 7-10 minutes. Just keep an eye on them to ensure they do not get too golden.