For a quick, healthy morning or afternoon fix, try my chocolate protein-packed slice. This homemade no bake slice is affordable, super easy and is packed with whole food ingredients – it has the perfect combination of protein, carbohydrates, omegas and good fats to provide a nutritious, energy-boosting snack. These chocolate protein slice are the perfect per or post workout snack. I know you will love making these healthy slices, super easy to make and are perfect for the whole family.
- 1-2 scoops of chocolate organic pea protein powder
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp Waihi Bush Organic Farm LSA (ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- 1 Tbsp Waihi Bush Organic Farm flaxseed oil
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Forty Thieves almond Butter
- 1-2 Tbsp raw Pure Coco cacao powder
- 100 gr organic dark chocolate + 1 Tbsp Pure Coco coconut oil
- In a food processor add all your ingredients.
- Process until the mixture come together (if too dry add 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil or water).
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and pour in the mixture. Place another sheet of baking paper on top and press down evenly.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 1-2 hours.
- To make the chocolate topping, place a heat-proof bowl over a pot of boiling water (or use a double boiler). Place the chocolate and coconut oil into the bowl and melt slowly.
- Remove the slice from the fridge and tin. Slice and drizzle the melted chocolate over the slices.
- Place back in the fridge to set. Keep store in the fridge in an airtight container.