Recipe for Huckleberry
I absolutely love popping into to my local Huckleberry store to top up my pantry staples from the bulk bin refill hub. I bring in my reusable glass jars and love to get all my flours, seeds, nuts, grains and bulk goodies to use for all my wholesome recipes I creations.
Once I am stocked I love to whip up recipes such as my almond and coconut biscuits. These are perfect with a cup of your favourite herbal tea.
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup shredded coconut
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil melted
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 organic free range egg
Chocolate Dip & Toppings:
150gm 70-80% organic dark chocolate
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup almond flakes
- Preheat oven 180 degrees.
- Add all ingredients into the food processor and process until the mixture forms a dough consistency.
- If you do not have a food processor place egg, maple syrup, pure vanilla extract, coconut oil, and coconut sugar into a bowl and whisk together. Add in the flours, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and mix to combine.
- Use your hands to form a dough.
- Remove and roll out evenly between two pieces of baking paper.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out your cookie shape.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Turn your cookie over and bake for further 5 minutes.
- Once baked, place on a cooling rake and allow to cool before dipping into your chocolate.
- To make the chocolate place your chocolate in a double boiler and melt slowly.
- Once your cookies have fully cooled dip your cookies into the chocolate mixture.
- Place the chocolate dipped cookies onto baking paper and sprinkle over your toppings.
- Store in an airtight container.