Christmas is one of my most favourite times of the year. Decorating the Christmas tree with my daughter, wrapping gifts, spending time with my family and being in the kitchen making delicious Christmas treats for everyone. This year I have created a Christmas Fudge Slice for you to enjoy. As you slice into the fudgy chocolate topping, the vibrant colours from the freeze dried raspberries and the pistachios sing Christmas! This gorgeous raw, gluten and dairy free Christmas fudge is the perfect slice to serve when guests pop in, as a sweet dessert after Christmas dinner or wrap as a tasty gift for friends and family. I know you will love this delicious guilt free Christmas treat and it will be enjoyed for many years to come.
1 cup cashew nuts
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup dried pitted dates
1 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
Pinch of himalayan salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup coarsely chopped raw pistachio nuts
1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1. Place your pitted dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soften for 10 minutes, then drain.
2. Place cashew nuts, almonds and shredded coconut into a food processor and process until it forms a fine texture.
3. Add the pitted dates and continue to process until the mixture forms a soft paste consistency.
4. Add the cacao powder, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup and coconut oil. Process until all ingredients are combined and the mixture begins to come together.
5. Pour your mixture into a lined square or rectangular baking pan and press firmly down with your hands or a spatula to form the base of your Christmas fudge slice.
6. Place mixture in the fridge while you make the fudge topping.
1. Place coconut oil and maple syrup into a food processor and blend until combined.
2. Add the cacao powder and process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
3. Remove the blade, add the pistachio nuts, freeze dried raspberries and cacao nibs and fold into the mixture.
Assembling your Christmas Fudge Slice:
1. Remove your base from the fridge and pour the fudge mixture over the base, spreading evenly.
2. Sprinkle over some extra freeze dried raspberries, chopped pistachio nuts and cacao nibs.
3. Place back into the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
4. Cut into squares and serve. You Christmas fudge slice is best stored in an airtight container in the fridge.